How to Give the Test
The placement test is made up of 16 assessments: one for each semester of
Kindergarten through Middle School. Choose an assessment as your starting point
for the placement test. If you don't know which assessment your student should
take, here are our suggestions:
If your student is:
- 5 or 6 years old, begin with Assessment 1
- 7 years old, begin with Assessment 3
- 8 years old, begin with Assessment 5
- 9 years old, begin with Assessment 7
- 10 years old, begin with Assessment 9
- 11 years old, begin with Assessment 11
- 12 years old or higher, begin with Assessment 13
NOTE: Placement test guidelines were updated and tests were added
or replaced on April 6, 2005. If you downloaded and administered
a test just prior to that date, you may want to re-administer it,
following the new guidelines and using the updated test.
Print out the assessment you selected and give it to your student to take.
If your student does not understand what to do on any item, you may read the
directions, but don't give the answer or any hints.
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to download and print the tests.
here to download the free software.
Now, score the test